Wednesday, November 26, 2008

happy turkey day and giving thanks

We'll be heading to Houston to spend the holidays with our family there. Both my mom and M's parents live there, so that's both a blessing and a curse. Fortunately, everyone gets along very well, and we can't stay past Saturday anyway, so it will be a short visit. Between my mom and my mother-in-law, I'm getting away with not bringing anything for the meal on Thursday...but I'm bringing the grandkids, so I guess that counts?

With the boys so close in age, it's been touch and go for a long time. Every day brings a new challenge, and I've learned about how selfish I am and must have been before I had any children. But with these struggles, comes so much love. I am so blessed. I have two happy, healthy, hilarious boys. Our family dynamic is ever-changing, but we're falling into a very content place. It's probably just that the boys are a tiny bit more independent each day. We're in a good place. This year, I'm probably most thankful for my family. I always saw myself in the wife/mother role, but our life isn't anything like I thought it would be. It's much better than I could have imagined.

(I need to get some pictures posted....)

No comments: