Thursday, April 2, 2009

Turtle Sandbox

We've decided to get a sandbox for the boys. They already play with the 'sand pit' that was left behind by the previous owners when they removed the above-ground pool (and yes, we wish we still had it some days, but with two little kids, we didn't want the danger...) They love the sand, which is awesome because Buddy was afraid of it when we lived in Florida.

Today I decided that we'd look for one and surprise them with it next Friday in the middle of the craziness we'll be dealing with at church (lots of late rehearsals and performances.) They will be tired and cranky, so I thought the new sandbox would be a wonderful diversion...and we could just live outside all day.

This afternoon, I somehow missed the exit for Buddy's school, so I went down to the next exit, turned around, and as I did, I glanced at a kids' consignment store that had a TURTLE SANDBOX sitting out front! I was just floored! So we went and picked up Buddy from school and headed over to Green Baby (great little store, by the way!).

We got out of the car, and the sandbox wasn't out front. I started thinking I must be nuts, but I went in and asked about it, and sure enough, in the 20 minutes it took me to go back and get Buddy, someone had already bought it. I really liked the idea of getting a used one...it's cheaper,too, so I guess I'll get back to Craig's List and Freecycle. I hope I can find one before next Friday!

No comments: